Thursday, October 19, 2006

New Address

Well, we have moved out of the ICU this afternoon. Mom is having the best day she has had in several days. We are on the 5th floor and she is able to come down to the waiting room and visit. We had a lot of family and friends here when she made the move. We put mom in a wheel chair and brought her to the waiting room. She has been up for about 3 hours now. We even had to get her tray and bring her food to her. She has been laughing and talking to everyone. I thought the activity would be too much, but sitting her looking at her hold her grandchildren and laugh I think it is good. She really wants to go home but we have not even talked with the oncologist yet. He said he would be here this evening. We are anxious to meet him, kind of like a first date?! We have had really good recommendations for him.

Mom already has an appointment at CARTI this Wednesday. Apparently there is a national protocol that we will be following. We have been told that a chemo and radiation combo will most likely be used. The chemo will be oral (we think-this is info gleaned from several sources) and hopefully will not make her very sick. I have been told that CARTI has all the latest cancer equipment since this is a high cancer region. (Isn't that comforting for us local yocals!)

We will try to update tonight after we talk with the oncologist, but we are all very tired at this point and I have horse tongue snacks to make for "H" snack day tomorrow. A very special little 5 year old girl is counting on them!:-) Funny side bar: Steve told her that Mr. Danny said we could have the tongue of her favorite horse "Jeep". He said we can just come over and remove it for the snacks! (gross I know but he's a dad) She thought about this awhile and asked a few questions. Several days later she looked at me and said "I don't think I really want to take horse tongue for snack day. Can we take something else?" very seriously. We laughed and told her it was a trick she would be playing on her friends and that it was really made out of ham! Now, she is excited!

Thank you for all your prayers and phone calls. God is putting us in a position that only He can rescue us from. We will continue to petition Him for a miracle for a very special child of His.

5 Comments:

Blogger MamaBear said...

Am praying constantly for you all. When we get to that point that God is all that we have, we always find that He is all that we need. May He supply you today with an abundance of hope and encouragement.

Sending hugs,
Sheryl

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie and Family,

I am praying for you and your family. My thoughts have been with you since Karen shared the news. My mind has been replaying many memories of our times together. Wonderful memories...I'm only sorry that we have not been able to make more together over the past several years. Please know that I love you and your family and I too, am standing in faith for your Mother's miracle. If there is anything I can do for you...please let me know. Hug your Mother for me and let her know that me and my family are praying.

Love,
Lisa

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark 6:50-51, “Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed …” (NIV)

This was in my devotional this morning. I particularly like the part that says "He climbed in the boat with them". He promises not to leave us or forsake us...He's going to climb in the boat with you all and ride this storm out by your side. AND I know we're all going to be amazed at His grace, mercy, and love. Take courage! I love you all very much! ~Shannon R

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all you children, including the sons-in-law. We are here for your mom and all of you also-Lean on us. I believe that God put us here to help, strengthen, and encourage each other. We aren't giving up on our prayers and faith. Yesterday when we were visiting Faye in her room before Angie came to take her out in the waiting room to visit-Faye said that she wanted to go home, wash her hair, and dance. I told her not to dance too fast, we wanted to dance with her. She said that she might just dance out of here.
Let us know when you need help, we love you all. Waneta S

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10-31-06

Hey gang, I just popped on and started reading over a few entries/comments and I read Lisa's entry. I agree with the whole 'memories' thing. All I've been able to think of is, "Isn't it time for a sleepover and a funnel cake?" Missy

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home