Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Faye's Surgery

Praise God!! Dr. Yasargil just came out and notified us that he was done. He believes he resected the whole tumor. The resident doctor is currently finishing up with Mom. He should be done in about an hour and we should meet with him to receive more information. Thank you for all your support and please continue to pray for Mom. The tumor was diagnosed again today as a stage 4. It looks like Mom will still need chemo and radiation. The doctor also told us that this tumor is very unusual. He said he had never seen a butterfly tumor extend into both hemispheres like hers did. Our prayers now are that no brain tissue damage has been done and that no recurring tumors present themselves in Mom's future. Thanks again for all your love. We are so relieved the surgeon was successful at removing the tumor. Praise God!!!
Jana

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for calling me frequently and keeping me updated, Jana. You know how much I love you and your family. Your mom was like my second mother when we were kids... I am praying everyday for her and all of you.

I'm glad my mom, Jack, and I got to visit and catch up. It made me so happy to see her looking and feeling that great after such bad news.

Don't take my current absence as not caring! I could see and feel how overwhelmed you all are and felt it best to stay out of the way and pray. When all things calm down and your mom is feeling up to it, let me know so I can come visit again.

I'm just right down the road and almost always home so please don't hesitate to let me know when you need help -- no matter how big or small... love you guys...

Diane

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home