Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I brought mom home today. She first visited with her Radiology Oncologist at UAMS CARTI. She had a CT done to plan her radiation therapy. She will get radiation 5 days a week for about 6 weeks. I will need help on Mondays and Tuesdays getting her to her appointments. I normally work on these days. I posted the need on our help needed website : www.bts.lotsahelpinghands.com If you are interested in helping please email me your email address. I will add you as a member and the site will send you an invitation to the website via that email address. I know this seems formal, but Anna found the site and it is wonderful. They set it up this way to keep someone from signing up as a joke or that we do not know. Once you receive the invitation you follow the link to the sign up site and will set your own password. I think you will find the site easy to follow. I will also add some more meal needs on the site as well. I think we will open it up all the way through her radiation. I don't expect meals every single time but this will give you the most options for when you want and can provide a meal. We have been very blessed by all of you so far. We are going to an everyother day schedule to allow us time to eat the leftovers! I am overwhelmed by all of you. A simple thank you does not seem adequte.

They removed the bandage today and the scar will be in her hair line. I think it will be covered nicely when her hair grows back in. Until then I think we will wear some wide head bands and scarfs. All the activity has worn her out. She is sleeping on the couch as I sit her writing this, waiting on Sarah to come home. We will all be glad to be home tonight. I just hope I can keep my kids quite enough for mom.

They asked us not to have visitors just yet. The doctor is strict about quiet and rest for the next several days. Please call if you need a personal update. We will also be looking for some nights to get away with the kids and these would be ideal times for you to have an excuse to visit. Please let me know if you have an evening or day in mind since I will also need to eventually go to the store.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Angie - I know you're glad to be out of the hospital. I hope Faye is enjoying home as well. I continue to check this site often and I'm looking forward to delivering your "meals on wheels" Thursday!! I know I can help with appointments - so I'll check the other site. Praying continually - Becki

6:00 PM  
Blogger MamaBear said...

Congratulations! I know it will be so nice to get back to something resembling a more normal life. God has been so good to y'all already, and I can't wait to read the reports of what He does over the coming weeks. Thank you for posting so often ... I wish I were there to be able to help out with meals and kids. Sending love to you all.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home