Friday, March 02, 2007

Sad News!

Well, it is with a very heavy heart that I blog tonight. We received mom's results on her MRI and the tumor has metastasized into her spine. There are 3 tumors that they could see on the MRI. The are in the mid to low back to very low spine. She has other spinal problems as well most likely unrelated, but I am not sure at this point. She also has a large fluid collection around her right lung. They do not know what has caused this and it is not usually seen with this type of cancer. At some point they will need to drain this, but that will wait until she has more trouble catching her breath than right now. We do not know what we are going to do at this point. I am still waiting to hear from the NIH, but that seems to be quickly fading into the background. Things have happened so fast it leaves my head spinning. This mets thing is supposed to happen "very rarely". I guess we are just very rare all the way around. Right now mom is hurting a lot in her back and often says she hurts all over. I am not sure how we are going to control the pain either. Radiation apparently can be very painful on the spine and even burn the spine. For something that has no cure this seems like a terrible risk to take. Right now she can move around at least.

My sisters and brother and I are all very sad right now as we reel from this latest blow. We will let you know when we know more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh,Angie, and the rest, I am so sorry! Still will be praying. You know the nurse I memtioned to you that goes to Family Church? She told me that she would come stay with Faye some on Mon or Tues. Those are her days off and she works 12 hour shifts. Her name is Paula Wooley, and she works at Dr Hospital. I will get her # for you.
Waneta

11:57 PM  
Blogger MamaBear said...

My heart aches for you. I will continue standing in the faith, believing for a miracle. May the Father's strong arms hold you near today.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie and Family,

I am so sorry to hear the news. My heart is heavy for you all.

Ed and I are planning to come to Benton for a few days real soon. I wll let you know when. I would like to come and see you and Faye.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Lisa

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie and Family,

I am so sorry to hear the news.

My heart is heavy for all of you. Ed and I are coming to Benton soon. I would like to visit you and Faye. My mom will let you know the dates when we get it figured out. I love all of you.

You are in my prayers and thougts.

Love,
Lisa

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home