Thursday, November 16, 2006

Day 2

We went for more treatment today and saw the doc. Not much for him to report, so he just let us ask questions. Mom was dizzy again after the treatment and he said increasing the steriods might help that. So we go see Dr. Baltz tomorrow. Mom is having some difficulty with her walking and almost fell a couple of times today. We may need to put her in a wheelchair for a while when we have long days and lots of walking. I plan on talking with Dr. Baltz about this. If any of you have a chair or a shower chair we could use it might be helpful. The problem with the chair is how small her trunk is. It will need to be one of the small chairs and light weight since I will be doing most of the lifting!

I am headed tomorrow ( I hope ) to get a handicap hang tag for the car, so those of you who are driving please help me remember to give it to you as well as good directions and how to get in the parking lot. I will try to get a map tomorrow when we go for treatment. Also, mom likes a small cup of decaf coffee when you get there. They have coffee set up in the waiting room. They will come and walk mom back on days I am not there so make sure to let them know you need assistance. They have been very helpful.

I can honestly say we are all very tired at this point, but things are settling down a bit. We have put off packing up the rest of the house for a few days because things around here just keep piling up.

Josh leaves for the military on Monday :-) and :-( He and Monica are spending a lot of time together right now and she will be here most of the weekend. She is a really sweet girl. I think Josh is a lucky boy. I hope they can survive the seperation. It will be hard on both of them. But I'm sure she is proud of him like we are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Angie. I am extremely proud of Josh.

I'll be glad to watch the kids for you and Steve some during Christmas break. Hopefully work will give me a set schedule so that I can give you a better idea of exactly when I'm free. I'll let you know.

Tell your mom I said hi, and that I'm praying for her.

Love,
Monica

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning - hope this is a good day. It's Saturday and my scripture this morning is one I'd like to share:
Remember in the dark what God has told you in the light.

I am God, the God of your father..."Do not be afraid..."
Love and prayers, Becki

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home