Sunday, July 22, 2007

Beached whale in the bathtub!!!

I think I have always been good about laughing at myself and the fixes I seem to create. Well, I share with you my latest misadventure. Maybe you can laugh at least once today! I have been sick this weekend and in bed since yesterday afternoon. I was feeling sorry for myself and also a little achy and thought a warm bath would be good medicine. So I ran a nice warm bath in grandma's old porcelain tub and climbed in. I decided to wash my hair first since it had been more than a day from the last washing! After soaking and finishing up, I began running the water out. As the water level drained, I turned on the faucet to rinse off in. Then I decided I should rinse out my hair on more time. So I turn around in this deep but skinny tub and lie on my back (a pregnant woman can not breath on her back for more than a few mere seconds.) I rinsed my hair and suddenly realized I was stuck! I couldn't sit up, turn over, breath, or get the water turned off. I briefly thought about yelling for Steve to come help, but that would bring the entire family! Besides I think he was outside bringing more stuff in to be put away. As my breath got shorter, I tried harder! Finally, I was able to right myself with great effort! I sat there panting and decided the time for baths was probably over until the baby comes next month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home