Monday, April 23, 2007

Finally to the grave site.

Sunday Steve and I took the kids to moms grave site. It felt a lot different than I had expected. I was afraid I would be very emotional, but I wasn't. It just still seems so unreal that she is gone and this is HER site. I can imagine grandma and grandpa, but not mom. I wonder if this is a common feeling when death is early. I think I had a harder time with it today than yesterday.

Sarah had a lot of questions and has been talking about mom more lately. We are trying to encourage her to remember the good things about MorMor now. We talk a lot about what they used to do together. Walks, pancakes, washing the car together, church on Wednesday night with ice cream to follow, etc. It seems to be helping her. We realized after a terrible evening of screaming and crying, that we talk to one another a lot about how mom used to be, but have apparently not let Sarah and Hogan talk about her in the same way. You know you think you are doing okay as a parent and then they come up with something you are doing terribly wrong! Anyway, Sarah seems to be doing better the last few days. Hogan is always happy!!!

We are all just now trying to recover from the illness we had over a week ago. Hogan's has now settled into an ear infection and we will be getting a second set of tubes in his ears shortly. Sarah has yet to get sick, so maybe just maybe she dodged this bullet. Brianna is doing better finally too, she was one very sick little girl. We did avoid the whole spinal tap thing though!!!! We were all glad to miss that one.

Well, we have not been very fun lately as we have all been trying to just survive the day. So I don't have much to say right now. Talk with (or at ) you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home