Monday, May 28, 2007

Ready for the next step

Well, Jana and Brad just left to go back home. They have been here for a little over a week. Every night Anna has come over and we have worked furiously. Sneezing and coughing the whole way. We have gone over every nook and cranny of this place to our knowledge! We have torn it apart and it looks that way! I think everyone has gotten what was most important to them. We have saved a few boxes full for Josh as well. We will be calling the estate people in this week to evaluate us. I am sure we have things we will wonder why we saved and things we wished we had kept as well! I just don't know how to avoid this. We have several boxes of stuff for later as well.

It was a rough weekend. I think everyone got their feelings hurt at one point or another. There were some really tense moments. But, we were able to sit down and talk things through and I think we are all still friends! I don't know how anyone goes through this without raging emotions. Maybe her young age has more to do with it, maybe the speed with how quickly she got sick had a lot to do with it, maybe our age has a role to play and maybe we have family genes that play a part! However, I feel pretty good about how we resolved the conflict. I think it is a credit to mom and how she raised us. She was able to forgive the greatest insults and hurts. I used to think it was just denial, but as I experience life, I think she had a ton of wisdom and God gave her grace beyond measure. I know pray for grace and wisdom on a daily basis. I think she was one of the strongest ladies I have ever known. I hope as her children we were able to hold her arms up when they got tired during her battles. It makes me wonder about our great grandmother. I know what kind of woman my mom and grandma both were. Where did they learn their wisdom and gain their strength? Where did such devotion to their God come from? Who began handing these qualities down? Where did the legacy begin? What did she experience in her life that she taught my grandma how to love, forgive, pray, praise, stand strong and hold her tongue or speak up when needed? How far back do the amazing women go? I guess we all have these type of questions about our families. I have a blog to post later that has some more to do with this! I hope I can pass the legacy on to my children. I think I have a long way to go to measure up though. I will just keep plugging away though.

If the estate people will contract with us, the Titus family will be moving again! We will take just the essentials and make the most of it! Then when the sale is complete, Anna and Brian can move their family in here and we can officially move home. I know all the kids are ready to be settled for good. I am ready to set up a nursery again!

We are all relieved that we have gotten to this stage. Things are progressing and I think we will all have a huge load off our shoulders when it is settled. We all dread coming back in the house after the sale is over though! It will be a different feeling. One I don't look forward to, but know we must face and we will face it with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home