Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Update

This past weekend we headed to Branson. Jana and I (with kids in tow) got to Branson on Thursday and met up with Uncle Russ, Aunt Ruthie, Doug, Stephanie and their kids. We hung out and Ann, Brian and their kids came in late Thursday night. On Friday, we all went to Silver Dollar City. It was freezing, literally. It snowed while everyone went on the first roller coaster! Anna came off it with tears rolling down her checks from the cold! The poor babies were with me and Hogan. They were the only ones that were really bundled for the weather, but they let us know they were still cold! We set out to buy gloves, hats, ear fleeces, etc. Then we went to a show, to eat, anything indoors! Finally in the afternoon we were brave enough to go back out and play again. It was slightly warmer and the kids began moving around more and having fun! They rode several rides and played in the tree house a lot. (Steve and Brad both came in later on Friday>)

That night we celebrated Uncle Russ and Aunt Ruthie's 50th wedding annivesary!!!!! Uncle Russ was Aunt Ruthie's first and only love! (I believe that is a two way street actually!) They dated 4 years before marrying one another and they act as happy as two teenagers to this day. It was so nice to just watch them together. It is so nice to watch couples who have weathered life together and still love each other. It must take a lot of work to get to 50 years like they have. I hope Steve and I can be that happy at 50 years. I think we are that happy now at almost 16 years of marriage. (I got roses at work today!!!) :-)

Saturday, Doug and Stephanie had to leave early with their girls to return home. We were so glad to meet Stephanie, Christina and Gracie. The girls got along so well with all their other cousins. It was the first time any of us had met them. Then the rest of us went to breakfast together. We are such a crowd anymore! The waitress told us she had to run to the kitchen to tell the cooks they had a large group come in!!! Mom would be proud of that statement!

Then we took the kids swimming in the indoor pool. Anna and her bunch left after this and Jana, Aunt Ruthie, and I went shopping for a couple of hours. Then we all had to say goodbye. The drive home was hard for me. I would always call mom on the way home from a trip (if she was not with me - which she often was). I was in the van with just the kids and Steve was following in his car. His cell was roaming so I didn't want to call him and I thought why should I share my saddness with Jana after such fun. So I just drove and drove while the kids watched movies. It was very lonely. But once again I survived.

Sunday, we went to church and then had nursery duty the second service. Afterward, we went out to eat Mexican and then home to clean and cook for company. It was strange cleaning and cooking for company without mom in her house. We had friends over for dinner and it was refreshing to have so much activity in the house. I think we are going to do it again next week!

I know this is such a short run down of a very busy weekend, but I just wanted to quickly let you know what we had been up to lately. It is good to have a break from the work around mom's house. We still have so much to do, but it is very emotionally draining. I think it will be a few weeks before we hit it again. Mom's room is still left to do. I think it will be the hardest of all. I don't even like going to that end of the house right now. It seems cold and lonely back there.

Overall, I think we did very well during our first real holiday. It was strange and empty feeling at times, but I don't see anyway around that right now. Everyone says the first year and all the first holidays are the hardest times. I feel like we have crossed at least one of those major milestones. (Only how many more to go?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home