Thursday, July 26, 2007

Estate Sale began today.



The estate sale was scheduled for 9 AM today. I stayed at mom's last night until about 10 PM getting as much done as I could. I had to change out some doorknobs (which I must say I did very well) that is until I realized we could not find the key to the doorknob I moved! So I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new one and a neighbor installed it for me this AM right before the sale! Last night I also had to move the fax machine, Internet router, and credit card machine. It seems all very simple, but as you know my life is anything but simple! It took some time to get everything done and I guess I spent a little time just looking around and enjoying being in her house with her things for the last time! It is a little emotional I must admit.



So the sale was to begin at 9 AM, people were in the yard sometime after 7 AM according to a neighbor. They were waiting looking in windows, milling around etc. Then the code enforcement people came with a policeman and went in the house. Apparently the signs asking people to park only on one side of the road was not acceptable in Benton. Made no sense to me. As soon as they moved the signs, people crowded both sides of the street, blocking the road so only one car could pass at a time! I don't know the whole story yet since I haven't talked with the lady running the sale about it. Should be an interesting story anyway.

The neighbor said there was steady traffic all day but there was still a lot left! I think there is a discount tomorrow and Saturday. I am very curious as to what has sold and what is still over there. They don't want family over there while there are customers. They say it makes people uncomfortable. It would make me uncomfortable anyway, to watch people pilfer around! So I am staying out of the house for now. Business will have to wait I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home