Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today is mom's birthday. I couldn't schedule Josiah's birth today, but I guess the next best thing is bringing the baby home on her birthday. I can not express how much I have missed my mom in this whole event. It was so obvious to me that she was absent the past few days. I am afraid it will be even more evident as we sit home and convalesce over the next week or two. I know how happy and proud she would have been. I just hope she can know what a blessing we have been given.

I have been thinking about her past birthdays. Two years ago we had a big celebration for her 60th birthday. I worked for weeks on all the details and I must say it was a grand day. We have some nice pictures of the day and she looks so happy. We were at the lake and had a large picnic, where I am sure I drove everyone crazy with all the trappings I took and food we cooked, carted and grilled. It was worth every drop of sweat it produced. I am sure glad we did not wait to celebrate on her 65th birthday. It has made me a believer in celebrations now! Don't take those you love for granted. Show them today how much they mean to you. If you are given another chance, count your blessings and let them know again!

Well, mom, I just wanted to say that I love you, miss you and think of you very often. You have been a wonderful and powerful influence in my life. I strive to honor you in the way I love and care for your precious grandchildren and son-in-law. You lived a life of grace, purity and total devotion. I hope I can continue the legacy you have carried on from your mom. Happy birthday to you. I hope all of heaven celebrates your life with you today. I love you. Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home