Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Day of Rest

We did very little today. Mom was able to rest all day. She stayed in bed for the best part of the day. But she got up this evening when Anna and her family brought Sarah home from the movies. We then had to go to Hot Springs to change cars with Josh. It was a nice little drive and we say Monica and her mom for a few minutes. On the way, Sarah wanted to sing her favorite christian song "Open the eyes of my heart Lord." We sang that several times, then she wanted to sing her own version and wanted us to sing along with her. Well we obviously did not know the words to this new song and we were trying to keep up with her (per her "sweet" little request) and it was quite funny. Mom laughed and laughed trying to sing with Sarah. It was really good to hear her just laugh. She knew all the words to the original song and that was also good to hear her sing.

We plan to celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow with the whole family. I was planning on a non-traditional meal. A neighbor is bringing over a Paula Dean cassorole. But the closer it gets the more anxious I feel about not cooking a turkey for mom. So, I am headed out at 10:30 to buy a turkey and dressing to add to tomorrow. I figure we will have a ton of food, but isn't that what we do on holidays anyway. It should be a feast fit for our Queen!!!

Thank you all for your prayers, continued cards and words of encouragement. Every scripture that you all have sent has been perfect. They have all been just what we needed to hear at the exact time. God knows our needs and gives you the encouragement! GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME! Even this pharse makes me smile. One of our very favorite preachers used to say this all the time. He loved the phrase and it has meant alot in so many different situations. Thank you Pastor Billy!! It sunk in! I can even see the little jig when I think of it! And there are days and times I feel like joining the happy little jig even still. Jana and I sang some of those songs on the way to the hospital a couple of weeks ago. We cried and laughed together and it helped. We love you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,
It was really nice seeing your family and expecially your mom tonight. She looked great. After seeing her almost fall the other day, I was scared that she would loose her balance going up and down my stairs. But she never ceeses to amaze me.

I'll talk to you later!

Love,
Monica

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home