Friday, December 08, 2006

Truly a pleasure

We saw the oncologist today, and he said that it was truly a pleasure to see how well mom was doing. He seemed surprised this week that she was doing as well as she was. I think he expects the side effects to begin at any time. Problem is that we already are experiencing the memory loss, confusion, and fatigue. Our success so far is that we have remained fever free and have not developed thrush. The thrush apparently is a big threat.

The other pleasure is that mom and I got to go shopping again tonight. This time with out kids! I wheeled her all over the mall. We watched some young girls sing Christmas songs in the lobby. Then we went to Tuesday Morning and mom walked. We laughed at our Christmas shopping because we both only bought new slippers for ourselves! :) The funniest thing she said today was that we saw the Northern Lights in Little Rock! I still think she is living a much more interesting life than me right now!






2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is off topic of your mom, but Josh called me and I missed his call because I was giving my dog a bath and no one in my family told me my phone was ringing. He left a voice mail saying that he was going to call you. I hope he got a hold of you.

I feel terrible that I did not answer. I hope he got a hold of somebody.

What's Thrash?

love,
Monica

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering if anyone had heard from Josh and how everything is going. Angie, please call me if I'm needed for anything. Love, Becki

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home