Saturday, December 02, 2006

A true moment of clarity

Yesterday I had a prayer answered. Mom and I were returning to her house after working around ours for some time. She started out talking about her confusion. She told me about waking up in the night and not knowing who she was or where she was or what she should be doing. She said it was "awful". So we talked about just calling me if that happened. She went on to talk about how she appreciated what every one was doing for her and that she was not taking anything for granted. We discussed her business and it's future. We talked about all her kids and what they were doing. We decided to come up with notecards she could look at to tell her information she might forget. We talked for several minutes and it was my mom! I miss her terribly and was delighted with even the most brief conversation! She quickly returned to her usual state of confusion. But I was beaming!

Dr. Baltz said we are still in the honeymoon phase of everything. He once again tried to prepare us for what might lie ahead. He said some of the worst times are after we finish radiation. He warned us of the 3rd week post radiation period. We are not to let her drink any water due to the low sodium levels that come with the chemo. He also said we are very typically confused and forgetful. It could be 6 months before we know where she will land. He did say we can travel if she is up to it. So right now we plan on going to see Josh graduate!!

Hope you like the new picture. It was take right after mom's first biopsy in mid October. She was still in ICU. We were not allowed a camera so I don't know how we all lined up and appeared for everyone to see! We also had a small party one night with cupcakes and all. It is amazing how well their little curtains work!

Today mom was "out and about". She was her usual social butterfly! She had two Christmas parties to attend to today. She got to fix her hair and wear makeup! She looked really nice. I apologize for not taking a picture. I am carrying my camera everywhere so maybe I'll get better at this soon.

We ended out garage sale today. We sold a lot of stuff, but still have a lot left. I think we will call a local charity and let them come help us transport it to their resale shop. I will be glad to just be done with it. We have a little more packing and moving to do and a lot of vacuuming! Then we will turn our attention to our new little space. We are currently living out of boxes.

Jana had planned on coming in this weekend, but got snowed in. They had about 8 inches of snow overnight. She will try and come in Sunday. I will be glad to see her. She and Anna have been incredible. They are right here with me, helping as much as they can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home