Sunday, November 26, 2006

Our Day of Rest

This weekend was crazy busy. We had a two day yard sale and we have made major progress to packing up the house. We even got some stuff moved into storage! We kept bringing stuff to the sale and actually have more in the sale now than when it started! So we intend to do another sale next weekend if the weather allows. We are sending some furniture to consignment this week as well as some kid clothes. (I spend way too much on this later item! Don't tell Steve!)

Mom had a great weekend. I think some of the confusion is better with her increase in steroids. But the memory is still not working. She watched the travel channel tonight and when going to bed thought we were on a cruise ship. I figure her life is more interesting than mine right now. Her friend came to get her Friday and they went to the park to walk. She walked over a mile! So, we have kept her walking. She went to Wal-Mart, Target and back to Wal-Mart! We went to church this morning and she has done really well with all this. The second trip to Wal-Mart wore her out. We had her ride in the motorized carts in Target and Wal-Mart! Boy was that interesting. She can zip around in one of those things. She kept driving off! Sarah and I were constantly running after her. At one point I just followed her without her knowing. She drove all over. I think she was looking for us. So I just stepped out in front of her at one point so that she thought she found me. (I try real hard to not correct her or let her know how closely I keep an eye on her.) She looked pleased with herself and relieved.

I am afraid she will leave the house. We have a baby monitor but I did not hear her get up the other night. She let the dog out and turned on a lot of lights. I don't think she was up more than a few minutes before me, but that would be long enough to get lost. We have talked about an alarm on the door (like the as seen on TV alarms), but I don't want to scare her to death just because she lets out the dog. We then talked about an alarm system that would only alarm in our room, but this is a little pricey. Someone told me about an arm/wrist band like a house arrest bracelet that could track her, but I imagine this is also pricey. Do any of you have any other ideas. I dreamed the other day I was running down the driveway yelling as she was driving off! (We have the keys hidden.)

Today we just rested. We all slept for several hours after church. It was a welcome and I think very necessary break. We will hit it hard again this week and hopefully finish some big projects.
Thanks for your prayers and support. She reads her cards everyday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you consider to be "pricey" for an alarm, but for around $50 you can get wireless system that will cause a speaker in your room to chime when a monitored door (within 100 feet) is opened.

http://www.amazon.com/Plug-Entry-Alert-Chime-AC6168-C/dp/B000GAS3LW

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home