Sunday, March 18, 2007

Muddling Through

Well, I don't know what else to call the past few days. God's grace has carried us through so far. We have all been at peace (more peaceful) than we expected. I don't think we have any illusions that we will skip the grieving process though. There has just been so much to do. Yet I have found very little motivation this week. Some days I think I just sat a lot. Jana was here and got the stomach bug. She was down for the count for 2 days! Fortunately, no one else has come down with symptoms! But her illness and my lack of motivation got us nowhere fast. We did enjoy each others company though. It was comforting just having her and Emily here for the week.

Yesterday our boss showed up. Anna got us moving a little bit. We were able to gather up family pictures and special family items and begin boxing them up for moving. We are not sure what to do with them yet, so one of us will keep them boxed until we can decide. We have not even attempted to tackle mom's things yet. I think this will be a very draining and taxing time for all of us. There are so many memories in each corner, drawer, closet and place we turn. It does not even seem real yet. I feel like we are little kids snooping while mom is out talking with the neighbors! I almost expect her to come in at any minute and I really wish she could.

Jana will plan another trip down in a few weeks and we will stat again. I think we will hire babysitters this time though. I think things will go a lot faster without so many small ones under foot! I will also take Zyrtec BEFORE we do anything!

Sarah had a talent show last night. The girls were so cute! They forgot half the routine and just skipped and skipped and skipped. No one knew they forgot except the mom's that have spent so many hours in practice helping them rehearse! They got a huge applause anyway! I will try to post some pics soon. Their bows were twice as big as their heads!!! Adorable!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, I'm so glad you're still posting. I had become so used to checking the blog 2 - 3 times a day, that I still do. I know the task before you, Jana and Anna is daunting, but just take your time. If I can be of any assistance at all, please call. Otherwise, I will check on you all this week. Love, Becki

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home