Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Do you know what to do with those bones?"

We had Thanksgiving diner at Anna's this year. She is superwoman I tell you! I was over at her place just a few weeks ago. I looked around and felt so overwhelmed! They were still remodeling, (washer and dryer on the carport), still unpacking, planning an overdue garage sale, and trying to keep up with 4 little ones! I just don't think I would have the strength to do what she did. She called and wanted to host TG. I tried to dissuade her. I thought she had enough on her plate without trying to get the house company clean and cook for all of us. Well, she insisted and I am so glad she did! She had that house in ship shape and cooked a really good turkey! She had the table set with her china and crystal and decorations. Everyone was in a great mood surprisingly and we really had a nice time. It was very different not having mom around and I dare say the food was not as good as mom's but we all know that no one one cooks as good as your mom! After diner we were cleaning up and a momism just leapt out of my mouth. I turned to Anna and asked "Do you know what to do with those bones, Anna?" It was a questions she has asked me every year I think. She always proceeded to explain the process of cooking them for hours and then making soup! So I passed on the tradition! Funny how things perpetuate. And today I spent slow cooking bones and herbs, then made turkey and dumplins! And we had mom's famous Sour Cream Coconut cake!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your Thanksgiving celebration! Your mom would be so proud -- I'm sure she's smiling down on her wonderful family.....I've missed your blog entries -- how's the leaf blowing going?? Call or email me soon. I miss talking to you. Hope to see you and Josiah soon. Love, becki

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home