Monday, November 20, 2006

Running for Office

Well, today mom informed Jana and Brad that she needed to pick up paperwork at the courthouse because she was running for County Clerk! This was news to all of us but apparently dad knew because he filed the paperwork for her. So now you all know to vote for her and not Freddy.

We had a nice dinner last night. We got out the China and everything just like mom always did. I do believe her cooking was better than mine. We all ate and laughed and she seemed to enjoy the evening. We were sitting there just after clearing the table, when she looked up and said, "Well now, we have about 2 weeks until Thanksgiving, what should we eat?" We all just looked at her very stunned and said we just ate it. She replied, "Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore." LOL

Josh left today for the military. I don't think mom quite understood what was happening which was sad. Josh was a little sad I think. He also seemed nervous. I know I would be. It was a real bitter sweet moment. Sweet in the fact that Josh has always talked about joining the military. I believe they will be able to help him realize his full potential. Bitter in the fact that he left. We will miss him and it will seem strange not talking to him regularly. I am afraid he will be surprised at mom's condition after boot camp. There will be little communication during this time and she will have completed radiation and still be on chemo. For all of you praying, please add Josh to the list. We are afraid they may kill him during boot camp. ;-)

Well, I am so tired I am laughing hysterically at the last sentence so I think it is time to go to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home