Thursday, December 14, 2006

He makes me hungry!

Mom said the funniest thing to me today. We were on our way back from CARTI this morning when she saw a billboard with Peter Miller's picture on it (he is a local "Big Rig' Attorney). She said "Well there's Peter Miller! He makes me hungry!" I have not idea where this came from but it made us laugh and laugh! We laughed until we cried! I hope you do not think I make fun of my mom by repeating the funny things she says. They are just some of the bright spots in our day and I just have to share them.

We are decreasing her steroids over the next 2 weeks. I am so anxious to get her off them. They make her hungry, as evidenced by the statement above, nervous, jittery, shaky and she has difficulty sleeping. I hope tapering her off them goes well. I know they have helped her a lot as well.

We also finish our radiation treatments tomorrow. YEAH!!!!! Then when the kids are out of school for the holidays we can actually let mom sleep in for a change. She is a real trooper. She never complains about anything. Although she will try and convince me she already took that shower! :-)

Josh wrote his girlfriend Monica. He is in a better group of guys now and seems some happier. Apparently the other group had group depression or something like that. He has lost some weight which worries me. He was already too thin going in. Apparently they have had to give him a "food waiver". This means he gets more food and more time to eat it in because he is so underweight. He said he constantly has hunger pains.:-( We still plan on going to see him in Jan.
He missed Monica terribly. Too sappy to repeat the mushy stuff!:-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home